Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Great American Cities: NYC and the MoMA

New York Public Library

New York is undoubtedly one of America's Greatest Cities and considering one of my best friends lives in Manhattan, I should really visit her more often. These are photos from a trip in 2013, before I had a decent camera. Now I have additional incentive to go back in Spring and take photos of the vibrant city.

Empire State Building

Guggenheim Museum








Brooklyn Bridge



Post Office


Times Square

Having a Holly Golightly Moment and Breakfast at Tiffanys. Excuse the flower headband. This was 2013.

9.11 Memorial

Ground Zero


30 Rockefeller Plaza



Yankee Stadium: Spain 2 - 0 Ireland 

Yankee Stadium




Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)

Although I love a lot of Post-Impressionist art, most other modern movements do not appeal to me. But I wanted to see Van Gogh's Starry Night and some of the iconic Warhols and Pollocks, so I spent an afternoon at the MoMA.

Charline Von Heyl - Untitled

El Anatsui - Bleeding Takari II

Artist and Title Unknown but the piece reminded me of Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures Album Cover

Jackson Pollock - Stenographic Figure

Jackson Pollock - Shimmering Substance

Jackson Pollock - Echo: Number 25

Willem de Kooning - Woman I

Andy Warhol - Gold Marilyn Monroe

Andy Warhol - Before and After

Andy Warhol - Campbell's Soup Cans

Henri Matisse - The Piano Lesson

Van Gogh - Starry Night




James Ensor - Masks Confronting Death

Frida Kahlo - Fulong-Chang and I